EPD Philosophy: To identify and select players of the highest caliber and potential on a continuing and consistent basis, which leads to increased success at the regional and national level.
Purpose: To identify and provide opportunities for high-potential players, facilitate their development, and expose them to the next level of their chosen pathway.
Goal: To be a regionally and nationally recognized youth identification and development pathway for Washington State players.
Washington Youth Soccer Elite Player Development (EPD) Head Coach – Job posting application period closes 7/28/2022
- Serve as Head Coach for an EPD State Team of a designated birth year
- Work in conjunction with EPD Coaching Director and EPD Coordinator to help create an environment that helps EPD players reach their full potential.
- Follow and implement the training curriculum set forth by the EPD Director and Technical Staff
- Work and manage assistant coaches for the age group
- Follow and implement the US Soccer playing curriculum• Follow and implement the training curriculum set forth by the EPD Director and Technical Staff
- Attend all Try-Outs, Sessions, EPD coaches meetings, All trainings for age group assigned Summer Camp, Phoenix ODP regionals, Portland Friendship Cup other event and trainings seen as valuable to the Elite Player Development Program
- Participate in all staff meetings and conference calls
- Provide a detailed report of game day performance of team to and provide feedback to the EPD Director and EPD Coordinator
- Provide a detailed report of training performance of squad players and provide feedback to the
EPD Director and EPD Coordinator
- Coordinate efforts and assignments of assistant coaches and serve as a mentor for them, and their continued professional development
- Maintain a first aid kit, data relating to medical alerts, medical release forms, and emergency contacts
- Inspect facilities and equipment to ensure safety of all participants, anchor moveable goals
- Implement directives from the state office and respond to e-mails and phone calls in a timely fashion
- Work in conjunction with the EPD Director and EPD Coordinator to select and meet deadlines for submission of state team rosters
- Submit to the EPD Director and EPD Coordinator two technical, tactical, physical, mental and character report of each squad player at each event (PHX and PDX)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 21 years old • Proven history of professionalism (includes but is not limited to demonstrating a high standard of behavior and ethical conduct)
- Preferred a minimum of 5 years/seasons of high level playing and coaching experience
- Hold a US Soccer Federation National License (C, B, or A)
Commensurate with experience on a part-time basis for the 2022/2023 EPD year.
Individuals interested in applying for this position are asked to submit a resume/fill out link below. All WYS EPD personnel must pass a background check. Make sure to select Head Coach when filling our application.