Soccer for Success is the U.S. Soccer Foundation’s free after school program to promote healthy lifestyles through the sport of soccer. The program operates for 90 minutes after school, three days per week, looking to grow in the Yakima School District. Participants receive free, quality soccer programming that includes lessons on nutrition and the importance of being active. Kids also receive free healthy snacks, shin guards, jerseys, and balls. Soccer for Success works with local community organizations to provide comprehensive resources and services to the Soccer for Success community. We are committed to addressing the holistic needs of under-served children and using sport for social change. Applications will be reviewed in the order in which they are received with interviews taking place until placement is filled. This position is contingent on funding.
Member Duties: The Program Lead with Soccer for Success will serve children and families of all different backgrounds, use creativity to engage the community, and learn valuable management skills with staff, players, and volunteers along the way. Visit schools each day to play with the kids, listen, and foster relationships throughout your term of service. Additionally:
- Recruit and train volunteers to provide coaching and nutritional assistance.
- Plan events that focus on healthy habits, behaviors, and holistic health.
- Create survey measures to evaluate Family & Engagement Event success.
- Visit program sites to observe and assist coaches as needed to lower the coach:child ratio and improve the quality of instruction for the children.
- Lead registration process and data entry of such information
- Assist with equipment distribution.
- Assist with the collection and reporting of attendance data.
- Complete accurate timesheets monthly.
- Be a liaison between coaches and Program Director.
Program Benefits: Education award upon successful completion of service, childcare assistance if eligible, training, health coverage, stipend.
Learn more and apply on the AmeriCorps website.