The Respect Campaign is an initiative to improve the playing environment for our youth players to enhance both player and character development.
WA Youth Soccer Respect Campaign aims to change the climate of youth soccer and elevate our conduct as players, coaches, spectators, and referees to a higher level by:
- Implementing programs and practices that improve the environment of the game-on the field and sidelines.
- Infusing our culture so that everyone—players, parents, coaches, directors, staff— treats each other with respect, and
- Embracing diversity—by striving to understand others’ perspectives, even those most different from our own.
All across the state, we will work together to increase our acceptance and understanding of others. We will develop codes of conduct that set the highest standards for respect and inclusion. The Respect Campaign will include processes for decision making, education, and conflict resolution, based in principles of restorative justice. Our goal is that families feel good to be a part of WA Youth Soccer, and that each of us grow into more respectful, accepting and effective people.
- Our program serves our players, families, coaches, and the referees that make the games possible.
- The program will strive for an environment of mutual respect across all soccer communities, within our leagues, between opponents, and with the broader organizations.
- The program will emphasize respect for all and will not benefit one group at the expense of another.
- We will seek to instill the understanding of opinions and actions of others in order to foster mutual respect.
- We will continuously strive for growth and personal development in our soccer community.
- We will strive for cultural understanding and inclusivity.
- We will continually improve avenues to address unacceptable behavior.
- We will create cultures within all the organizations included in WA Youth
- Soccer that work together to maintain an environment conducive for respect.
- We will educate our community to use the proper times & channels for addressing injustice.
- We will implement a restorative justice process that emphasizes understanding first and creates mutually acceptable actions to promote lasting change.
If you would like to find out how you can implement the Respect Campaign in your association or club, please contact email@example.com.